Friday, July 17, 2020

Dear Brothers And Sisters, When Troubles Of Any Kind Come Your Way, Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.


Dear Brothers And Sisters,
When Troubles Of Any Kind Come Your Way,
Consider It An Opportunity For Great Joy.
Scripture
James 1
2 Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy.
3 For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. 
4 So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.
Observation
Trouble, Trouble, And More Trouble … consider it an opportunity for great joy! James 1:2-4 speaks to us today right where we are at. You and I are definitely having our faith tested as we deal with both the Covid 19 virus and social unrest all at the same time.
James, the half brother of Jesus, says to us, “Consider it an opportunity for great joy.”
When our faith is tested, it gives me and it gives you a chance to grow!
So let it grow!
More than ever we need to be in God's Word every day where we can read and hear the actual Truth. The News Media, the Internet, even Social Media are all full of half truths and lies these days … intentional and unintentional. There is a danger, a real danger, of being caught up in believing a bunch of lies.
Satan is the father of lies.
Philippians 4:8
8 And now, dear brothers and sisters, one final thing. Fix your thoughts on what is true, and honorable, and right, and pure, and lovely, and admirable. Think about things that are excellent and worthy of praise.
Application
I will look at this time of adversity and hardship as an opportunity to grow spiritually. I will check and filter both what I read and what I hear with the Word of God and see if it lines up to what God's Word clearly says.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me see things from Your perspective. Don't let me lose sight of the fact that You are in control. When things in my life and things in the lives around me seem out of control, when all I see is trouble, help me to consider it an opportunity for great joy! I know that You never waste a hurt. You will use this difficult time and turn it around for my good. I know You will because You have promised me that You will in Your Word.
Romans 8:28
28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose for them.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 29,30,31; James 1



No comments: