Wednesday, July 08, 2020

For I Am Waiting For You, O Lord. You Must Answer For Me, O Lord My God.


For I Am Waiting
For You, O Lord.
You Must Answer For Me, O Lord My God.
Scripture
Psalm 38
15 For I am waiting for you, O Lord.
    You must answer for me, O Lord my God.
Observation
I don't know about you but I really like the way King David prayed. I think that you and I can learn a lot about prayer just by reading the Psalms.
As I read my daily Bible reading this morning and I was getting ready to write down something about what I had just read my laptop computer let me know that it's battery was about to die and I needed to plug it in. I quickly realized after a few minutes of searching that I had left my charger in Tampa.
Kathy and I are staying out at the beach with our family and I had to drive back into Tampa on Monday to be at the hospital Monday night. I spent the night at our house and left my charger plugged in at our house.
Immediately I prayed. I didn't ask the Lord to help me find a charger but I was praying about what to do. I didn't want to be disconnected from so many people that I pray for.
Come to find out that Kedar and our daughter Debby who are sharing this place with us had the same brand of laptop. So I borrowed Kedar's charger and I am once again able to make contact with those we love.
I had already emailed several people to let them know that I probably wouldn't be able to send my blog to them. But now I will!
Application
When I pray … I will pray like David!
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I pray help me to pray like King David. I love the Psalms. David was a man after Your own heart. Help me to be just like him.
I pray for Marian Hale. I know that she is one of Your children. I pray for healing. Be with her family … give them strength.
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 13,14; Psalms 100,101,102; Hebrews 5; I added: Psalm 8, Psalm 38, Proverbs 8



No comments: