Wednesday, July 15, 2020

So Take A New Grip With Your Tired Hands And Strengthen Your Weak Knees


So Take A New Grip
With Your Tired Hands
And Strengthen Your Weak Knees
Scripture
Hebrews 12
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us.
2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne.
3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.
4 After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin.
12 So take a new grip with your tired hands and strengthen your weak knees.
13 Mark out a straight path for your feet so that those who are weak and lame will not fall but become strong.
Observation
Tired hands and weak knees … pretty much describes me these days … I seem to wake up tired and go to bed tired … but … I am very grateful to wake up to yet another day!
Even when I think about our present situation with Covid 19 running rampede throughout our country and pretty much throughout the entire world I still don't think we are experiencing what it was like for those listed in Hebrews 11 and what they had to face and endure.
We might be on our way for really bad times if things keep heading south, but not right now!
Application
So I will take a new grip with my tired hands and I will strengthen my weak knees and I will mark out a straight path for my feet! And I will keep my eyes on Jesus!
How about you?
John 16:33
33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”
Prayer
Heavenly Father, when I can't see Your hand in what is happening around me I will trust Your heart. I will hold on to the thousands of promises that You have given to me in Your Word. I will keep my eyes focused on Jesus. He is my Champion. Your Holy Spirit, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in me.
I pray for any person reading this blog that may feel defeated, that may feel weighed down by problems or circumstances, give them strength Lord. Give them Your perspective. Encourage them. Bring people into their life who will encourage them. Give them a promise from Your Word to hold onto.
Romans 8:11, 35-39
11 The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. And just as God raised Christ Jesus from the dead, he will give life to your mortal bodies by this same Spirit living within you.
35 Can anything ever separate us from Christ’s love? Does it mean he no longer loves us if we have trouble or calamity, or are persecuted, or hungry, or destitute, or in danger, or threatened with death? 
36 (As the Scriptures say, “For your sake we are killed every day; we are being slaughtered like sheep.”) 
37 No, despite all these things, overwhelming victory is ours through Christ, who loved us.
38 And I am convinced that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love. Neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither our fears for today nor our worries about tomorrow—not even the powers of hell can separate us from God’s love. 
39 No power in the sky above or in the earth below—indeed, nothing in all creation will ever be able to separate us from the love of God that is revealed in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 22,23,24; Hebrews 12



No comments: