Tuesday, July 14, 2020

And It Is Impossible To Please God Without Faith


And
It Is Impossible
To Please God Without Faith
Scripture
Hebrews 11
1 Faith shows the reality of what we hope for; it is the evidence of things we cannot see. 
2 Through their faith, the people in days of old earned a good reputation.
3 By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.
6 And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Observation
Every day you and I have the opportunity to exercise our faith … during these trying, difficult, and tumultuous days we must keep our eyes focused on the One who is invisible ... just like Moses did.
Hebrews 11:27 “It was by faith that Moses left the land of Egypt, not fearing the king’s anger. He kept right on going because he kept his eyes on the one who is invisible.”
It takes faith to keep our eyes on the One who is invisible!
Need to be encouraged … take a few minutes and read Hebrews 11!
We need to keep our eyes on Jesus and not on our circumstances!
This is from tomorrow's daily Bible reading and maybe I will write about it tomorrow … we will have to wait and see:
Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. 

2 We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. 

3 Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up.

Application
I will keep my eyes on the One who is invisible and not on my circumstances.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, help me to be a man of faith. Help me to see things from Your perspective. This world is not my home. I am just passing through and I am heading to a much better place. Help me to run this race with endurance. Don't let me become weary and don't let me give up.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 19,20,21; Hebrews 11



No comments: