Monday, July 06, 2020

Oh, That We Might Know The Lord! Let Us Press On To Know Him. He Will Respond To Us As Surely As The Arrival Of Dawn ...


Oh, That We Might Know The Lord!
Let Us Press On To Know Him.
He Will Respond To Us As Surely As The Arrival Of Dawn ...
Scripture
Hosea 6
Oh, that we might know the Lord!
    Let us press on to know him.
He will respond to us as surely as the arrival of dawn
    or the coming of rains in early spring.”

Observation

I think that I know Kathy pretty well. We have spent a long time getting to know each other. The only way that you get to know someone is by spending time with them. God is no exception.

Do we know Him? Or do we just know about Him? There is a big difference!

I love this verse found in Philippians 3:10 “I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death,

How about this verse in Psalm 46:10 … He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”
Or how about Psalm 100:3 … Know that the Lord is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture.
Every day I have a choice and so do you – We can choose to open up His Word and spend time with Him, to know Him better or live the day like He does not exist. The choice is ours to make each and every day.
Do you know Him?
Application
I will get up each day that I have breath and I will spend time with the Lord in His Word.
How about you? How about today?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, You are worthy. You are worthy of all praise! I want to spend time with You. Help me to get up every day and spend time with You before I do anything else.
I pray for any person who may read this blog today. Help them to make the commitment to spend time with You every day. Bless them, Lord, as they do.
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 6,7,8,9; Hebrews 3



No comments: