Thursday, July 16, 2020

You Will Keep In Perfect Peace All Who Trust In You, All Whose Thoughts Are Fixed On You!


You Will Keep In Perfect Peace
All Who Trust In You,
All Whose Thoughts Are Fixed On You!
Scripture
Isaiah 26
3 You will keep in perfect peace
    all who trust in you,
    all whose thoughts are fixed on you!
4 Trust in the Lord always,
    for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.
Observation
I don't remember when I memorized it and I don't know why I memorized it, but this verse, Isaiah 26:3 pops into my head often, especially in the middle of the night when I am not able to sleep because I am worried about something. I am so glad that I have that verse guarded away in my heart.
I memorized it in the King James version years ago, “Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.”
So what are you worried about? Is anything keeping you up at night? Do you wake up in the middle of the night and start thinking about something (worrying) and are not able to go back to sleep? Maybe you ought to memorize Isaiah 26:3!
Here are some other great verses that almost always come to my mind too when I am thinking (worrying) about something. Maybe they can help you too!
Philippians 4:6-7
6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 
7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
1 Peter 5:7
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
Psalm 55:22
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Psalm 3:5
5 I lay down and slept,
    yet I woke up in safety,
    for the Lord was watching over me.
Psalm 4:8
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
    for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.
Hebrews 13:6
6 So we can say with confidence,
The Lord is my helper,
    so I will have no fear.
    What can mere people do to me?
Psalm 56:3
But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
Application
When I am afraid, when I am worried, I will put my trust in God.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank You for giving me such great promises from Your Word. I will hold on to all of them when I am afraid.
My prayer for anyone who might read this blog today is found in Hebrews 13:20-21:
Now may the God of peace—who brought up from the dead our Lord Jesus, the great Shepherd of the sheep, and ratified an eternal covenant with his blood—may he equip you with all you need for doing his will. May he produce in you, through the power of Jesus Christ, every good thing that is pleasing to him. All glory to him forever and ever! Amen.”
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 25,26,27,28; Hebrews 13



No comments: