Sunday, July 26, 2020

Give All Your Worries And Cares To God, For He Cares About You.


Give All
Your Worries And Cares To God,
For He Cares About You.
Scripture
1 Peter 5
6 So humble yourselves under the mighty power of God, and at the right time he will lift you up in honor. 
7 Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about you.
8 Stay alert! Watch out for your great enemy, the devil. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for someone to devour.
9 Stand firm against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your family of believers all over the world is going through the same kind of suffering you are.
Observation
This verse does not say, “Give some of your worries”, no, this verse says, “Give all” … and right now, at least for most of us, we have plenty of things that we could be worried about.
If we spend our time doing that - worrying about this and worrying about that – we will have accomplished absolutely nothing!
Here is why we should give “all” of our worries and cares to God – …because He cares about us. That's right! He cares about you!
Here is a verse that I just love, “The Lord directs the steps of the godly. He delights in every detail of their lives.” Psalm 37:23
Not only does God care about me, He delights in every detail of my life! Pretty amazing isn't it! He cares about you the same way that He cares about me!
He is what King David says about God's love for us:
Psalm 18
1 I love you, Lord;
    you are my strength.

2 The 
Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
    my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
    and my place of safety.

3 I called on the 
Lord, who is worthy of praise,
    and he saved me from my enemies.
19 He led me to a place of safety;
    he rescued me because he delights in me.
You and I can't worry and trust God at the same time.
Let me ask you, “Is your God big enough to handle your problems?
Trust Him!
Matthew 6:27, 30
27 Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
30 And if God cares so wonderfully for wildflowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith?
Application
I will trust God with the things that cause me to worry. I will give them to Him.
How about you?
Psalm 56:3
3 But when I am afraid,
    I will put my trust in you.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, every time I begin to worry please remind me of just how big You are! Nothing is too hard for You. Thank You for caring for me. I don't deserve it and You know that better than anyone else. It is amazing that You would delight in the details of my life. Thank You for always watching out for me.
Psalm 55:22
22 Give your burdens to the Lord,
    and he will take care of you.
    He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 46,47,48,49; 1 Peter 5



No comments: