Tuesday, July 07, 2020

For The Word Of God Is Alive And Powerful. It is Sharper Than The Sharpest Two-Edged Sword …


For The Word Of God
Is Alive And Powerful.
It is Sharper Than The Sharpest Two-Edged Sword …
Scripture
Hebrews 4
12 For the word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword, cutting between soul and spirit, between joint and marrow. It exposes our innermost thoughts and desires. 
13 Nothing in all creation is hidden from God. Everything is naked and exposed before his eyes, and he is the one to whom we are accountable.
14 So then, since we have a great High Priest who has entered heaven, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold firmly to what we believe. 
15 This High Priest of ours understands our weaknesses, for he faced all of the same testings we do, yet he did not sin. 
16 So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most.
Observation
The Word of God, the Bible, is not like any other book that you and I might pick up and read. No, it is unlike any other book. The Word of God is alive and it is powerful. We don't just read it … It reads us! It is like a mirror and it shows us what we are like.
James 1:22-25
22 But don’t just listen to God’s word. You must do what it says. Otherwise, you are only fooling yourselves. 
23 For if you listen to the word and don’t obey, it is like glancing at your face in a mirror. 
24 You see yourself, walk away, and forget what you look like. 
25 But if you look carefully into the perfect law that sets you free, and if you do what it says and don’t forget what you heard, then God will bless you for doing it.
Application
As I read God's Word and God's Word reads me I will do my best to obey what God says for me to do.
How about you?
Prayer
Heavenly Father, show me as I read Your Word what needs to change in my life and then help me to make the necessary changes. Speak to me every day through Your Word as I read it. Correct me when I need to be corrected. Change the direction of my life when I am going off course. Don't let me get sidetracked with stuff that is not important to You. You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. You are worthy of all praise.
I pray for my family. Keep them safe.
Daily Bible Reading: Hosea 10,11,12; Psalms 73; Hebrews 4



No comments: