Thursday, July 02, 2020

Show Mercy To Still Others, But Do So With Great Caution, Hating The Sins That Contaminate Their Lives.


Show Mercy To Still Others,
But Do So With Great Caution,
Hating The Sins That Contaminate Their Lives.
Scripture
Jude
22 And you must show mercy to those whose faith is wavering. 
23 Rescue others by snatching them from the flames of judgment. Show mercy to still others, but do so with great caution, hating the sins that contaminate their lives.
Observation
Now you know where the saying “Hate the sin but love the sinner” might come from but the truth is that the entire Bible teaches us to love the sinner but hate the sin.
Remember that you and I are sinners. We are far from perfect.
By the way, if you see me contaminating my life with sin I want you to rescue me. You have my permission!
Romans 5:6
6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners.
James 5
19 My dear brothers and sisters, if someone among you wanders away from the truth and is brought back, 
20 you can be sure that whoever brings the sinner back from wandering will save that person from death and bring about the forgiveness of many sins.
1 Timothy 1:15-16
15 This is a trustworthy saying, and everyone should accept it: “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners”—and I am the worst of them all.
16 But God had mercy on me so that Christ Jesus could use me as a prime example of his great patience with even the worst sinners. Then others will realize that they, too, can believe in him and receive eternal life.
Application

My job is not to point out the faults of others, it is not my job to critique everyone else. I have been given the ministry of reconciling people to Christ.

How about you? Self righteous? Humble?
2 Corinthians 5:18
And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him.
Matthew 7:3
And why worry about a speck in your friend’s eye when you have a log in your own?
Philippians 2:3
3 Don’t be selfish; don’t try to impress others. Be humble, thinking of others as better than yourselves.
Prayer
Heavenly Father, thank goodness that even though You hate my sin You love me and You can separate the two. It is hard for me and You know this better than anyone else, to sometimes get past the lifestyle of someone, to get past their sin to actually love them as a person. Help me to do a better job of separating the two. Help me to have more love, more mercy and show more compassion when I am around someone caught up in a sinful lifestyle.
Daily Bible Reading: Isaiah 4,5; Psalms 115,116; Jude



No comments: