Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Change Gears For a Moment!

2 Kings 17; 2 Chronicles 28; Psalm 46; James 3

Scripture

Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."


Observation

With the world on the brink of World War III, according to some folks, I think it is good to meditate on Psalm 46. The first 3 verses remind us of who is in control and that we don’t need to fear. Verse nine says that God is the one that puts an end to wars which brings us to verse ten that says, “Be still”. He will be exalted among the nations. The Psalm doesn’t say that He might be exalted; it says that He will be exalted. He is in control of what is happening in the Middle East. Nothing that is going on is a surprise to Him.

Application

I am going to take time this morning to be still. I am going to reflect on what God is doing not only in my life, my family, the life of our church, but also what God is doing among the nations.



Prayer

Father, you are all powerful. There is nothing too hard for you. Help me today with my fears. Help me to trust you with the big things as well as the small stuff in my life. Father, the world seems to be spinning out of control and yet I know that you are in control even when it seems like evil completely dominates. May your will be done in my life today as well as the Middle East and other parts of the world.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: