Saturday, July 01, 2006

You’ve got to get cleaned up!

Isaiah 1-3; Titus 3

Scripture

Isaiah 1:18 "Come now, let us reason together," says the Lord. "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.

Observation

Isaiah starts out describing just how evil Israel had become. He said in verse 10 that they had become like Sodom and Gomorrah. So corrupt, so evil, so dirty that only God could clean them up. Then in verse eighteen God talks to them about the solution. He says, “Come”, and the only way we can do anything with our sin is to come to Him. No matter how badly we have sinned God can make our hearts as white as snow if we go to Him and ask Him for forgiveness.

Application

No matter how hard we try we can’t clean ourselves up! People try, but only God can take away our sins. 1 John 1:9 “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” Let’s take time today to talk to God and get things right with Him making sure that our hearts are “White as Snow”.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, You are so wonderful. Thanks for providing a way to get rid of my sin. Help me to keep my sins confessed up and when I sin today would you make it so obvious that I would immediately realize it and get it right with you. Help me with my attitude and my relationships. May my heart be as white as snow because of you!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

Do you need to start a relationship with Jesus? Click Here and find out more!

No comments: