Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Christmas in July!

Scripture

Isaiah 9:6 “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

Observation

I think that in the Christmas season we catch a small glimpse of what it is going to be like in Heaven. That is, if you are a believer in a right relationship with your Heavenly Father. Isaiah declares that one day a Son will be born and this Son will change the World. Since that first Christmas morning, our world has never been the same. He is Wonderful Counselor, The Mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.


Application

I think that today July 11, 2006 I will listen to a Christmas Carol (maybe an entire album of Christmas Carols) that declares this truth. This hot summer day I am going to meditate and give praise to the Christ of Christmas. I love the Christ of Christmas!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for giving your Son’s life in my place and thank you that we don’t have to wait until December to celebrate that wonderful gift. May you be glorified through my life today. Give me the energy and the desire to do your will today. You are Wonderful!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!



No comments: