Saturday, July 15, 2006

Therefore!


Isaiah 22-24; Hebrews 12

Scripture

Hebrews 12: 2 Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God.

Observation

The writer of Hebrews starts out chapter 12 with “Therefore” and someone has said that every time you see a “Therefore” in scripture that you need to stop and look and see what it is there for! The “Therefore” takes us back to chapter 11, which is the “Faith Chapter.” He encourages us that since we have such a great crowd of witnesses that we need to run the race well! We need to not get discouraged and we need to keep our eyes on Jesus! We will endure hardship and we need to realize that it is all part of God’s plan for us!

Application

To be able to endure hardship that will come into my life as a Christian I need to keep my eyes on Jesus. If I keep my eyes on other people I will not be able to stay encouraged. I have to keep my eyes on Him so I don’t grow weary and lose heart!


Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank you for sending Jesus to endure the cross in my place. Help me to be faithful today. Encourage me through victories in the lives of those around me.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: