Friday, July 28, 2006

Thank you, Thank you, and Thank you!


Isaiah 53; Isaiah 54; Isaiah 55; Isaiah 56; 2 Peter 2

Scripture

Isaiah 53: 2-9 “My servant grew up in the LORD's presence like a tender green shoot, sprouting from a root in dry and sterile ground. There was nothing beautiful or majestic about his appearance, nothing to attract us to him. He was despised and rejected--a man of sorrows, acquainted with bitterest grief. We turned our backs on him and looked the other way when he went by. He was despised, and we did not care.
Yet it was our weaknesses he carried; it was our sorrows that weighed him down. And we thought his troubles were a punishment from God for his own sins! But he was wounded and crushed for our sins. He was beaten that we might have peace. He was whipped, and we were healed! All of us have strayed away like sheep. We have left God's paths to follow our own. Yet the LORD laid on him the guilt and sins of us all.
He was oppressed and treated harshly, yet he never said a word. He was led as a lamb to the slaughter. And as a sheep is silent before the shearers, he did not open his mouth. From prison and trial they led him away to his death. But who among the people realized that he was dying for their sins--that he was suffering their punishment? He had done no wrong, and he never deceived anyone. But he was buried like a criminal; he was put in a rich man's grave.”




Observation

About 700 years before Christ came to die in our place Isaiah wrote about it. It was God’s plan to save us! He was despised, rejected, beaten, wounded, crushed, and whipped for our sins. He took on the cross all of our guilt and sins!


Application

This is what He did for me. I don’t deserve the life that I have. I could never repay Him for what He did, but I can live for Him with all my heart!



Prayer


Heavenly Father, thank you for the pain Jesus suffered on the cross for me! I am so blessed. Thank you, thank you, and thank you, for saving me! Help me to share this Good News with others that you bring into my life.




Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eddy,

I am so Thankful to God for where I am today!! It is truely amazing what he has done in my life!! I have had so many thoughts of him today and what the future has in store and I am excited. I shared some information on CR with another church and I gave some testimony about what a wonderful Youth Program we have to a Mother at her wits end!

I thank God for giving me the right words to share at the right time! The thought to call the right people at just the right time and to take the right actions at just the right time today! It was a day that served the Lord!

I have some news about LISA so when you get the chance, call me! I am working on finding out some more!

God please work on Lisa's heart and bring her back to you Lord!! She desperately needs you in her life Right NOW and the lives of her children as well! Please put someone in her path that can reach her Lord and help bring her back to you and your will for her life!
Help me find her God and get her life back on the right track!! Have me do your will in this situation Lord! She has strayed so far away from you but I know that she can make it back Lord, I have faith in that! I will pray for her everyday and will encourage everyone in CR to do the same!
In Christ Name Amen!
Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

I am glad that you have followed up on Lisa. I pray that God changes her life and puts it back together again.

Eddy