Monday, July 31, 2006

He Knows Us and Yet He Still Loves Us!

Isaiah 63; Isaiah 64; Psalm 107; John 2

Scripture


John 2:24 “But Jesus didn't trust them, because he knew what people were really like. 25 No one needed to tell him about human nature.”


Observation


Jesus knew the hearts of the folks that heard him that day and saw him do the mighty miracles. He knew better than to trust them because he knows all about human nature. Later some of these same people may have been cheering at his crucifixion. We are sinners to the core. Our old nature is wicked and Christ knows it. The heart is deceitful above all things and desperately wicked who can know it. I am glad that while I was still a sinner that Christ died for me. He didn’t wait until I was good enough to deserve to be saved.


Application


When people disappoint me by falling back into sin I need to remind myself that it could be me. I just need to help them get back on course.


Prayer


Heavenly Father, thank you for saving a sinner like me. Thank you for letting me serve you. Help me this week to bring someone back to you that has fallen into sin.



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: