Monday, July 17, 2006

Can You Hear Me Now?

Isaiah 29-31; James 1

Scripture

James 1:19 “My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry.”



Observation

The first chapter of James has so much great stuff in it that it is hard to decide what to write about. He starts out by saying that we should count it pure joy when we have lots of problems! Wow! But verse 19 gets my attention today! Quick to speak and quick to get angry is the norm, but to say that we should be quick to listen and slow to speak and slow to get angry hits home! Then he says that we should not only be quick to listen but we should be quick to do what God wants us to do. We should be doers of the Word and not hearers only. Wow! There is a lot packed into this one chapter!


Application

This week as I talk to people I want to be a good listener. As I read God’s Word this week I want to be quick to make application and do what He is telling me!

Prayer

Father, thank you for James 1:19, now just help me to actually live out that verse! Help me to be a good listener and help me to be a doer this week of what your Word tells me to do! You are an Awesome Wonderful God!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!



No comments: