Tuesday, July 25, 2006

When …not… If!


Isaiah 43; Isaiah 44; Isaiah 45; 1 Peter 4


Scripture


Isaiah 43:1-3"…Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. 2 When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! When you walk through the fire of oppression, you will not be burned up; the flames will not consume you. 3 For I am the LORD, your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.”

Observation

What a wonderful passage of scripture! God doesn’t say “if” He says, “When”! When we go through trials, troubles, difficult times, crisis, He will go through them with us. He is our Savior. This passage of scripture has helped me through a lot of tough times. 1 Peter 4 goes along with this passage as Peter adds that we should expect to suffer if we are Christians! I thought it was interesting how God makes fun of those who worship idols throughout these three chapters of Isaiah. It still happens today!


Application


I have been called by name. I am His. As Kathy and I go through this time of being “homeless” I will not be afraid because God is going through this with us!


Prayer


Heavenly Father, may your Word penetrate my heart! Help me be all that you want me to be. Help me not to worship “idols”. I want you to be my focus. Thank you that you are going with me through every difficult situation and you will bring me out safely!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There is not a whole lot that I am afraid of. I know that God will always be there for me! Is there such a thing as being over confident in this area?? I think I worry people sometimes when I show no fear of some things.

As for the being homeless and packing up, if there is anything I can do to help you and Kathy out with, just let me know! I'd be more than happy to help!!

Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

Thanks! I will let you know if I see a way for you to help us!

Praise! Charla Gildersleeve had a baby boy this afternoon! I was in Daytona Beach, but James Hartley was there in my place! Everyone is doing fine!

Eddy