Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Prowling Like a Roaring Lion!

Isaiah 46; Isaiah 47; Isaiah 48; Isaiah 49; 1 Peter 5

Scripture

1 Peter 5:7 “Give all your worries and cares to God, for he cares about what happens to you.”

1 Peter 5:8 “Be careful! Watch out for attacks from the Devil, your great enemy. He prowls around like a roaring lion, looking for some victim to devour. 9Take a firm stand against him, and be strong in your faith. Remember that your Christian brothers and sisters[b] all over the world are going through the same kind of suffering you are.”


Observation

Peter is finishing his letter and he is giving some final warnings and instructions! In verse 7 he says that we should give all of our worries and anxieties to God because God cares for us. Then in verses 8 and 9 Peter warns us that the Devil is on the prowl and desires to destroy us. And he says that we need to stand firm against him and be strong in our faith. He then says that Christians around the world are suffering persecution too and that the suffering will not last forever.


Application

Nothing that I am going through compares with what Christians in other countries have to put up with every day of their lives. But God still wants me to give Him all my worries and concerns because He cares for me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, please keep me from the evil one. Keep my family and me safe from his destructive power. Help me to give you every concern that comes to my mind today! Thank you for caring for me!



Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading these passages today, I have been thinking and talking with a co-worker about everything that is going on around the world right now! There is so much turmoil in Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Isreal and with Korea, China, etc...

I am really beginning to believe that Christ will appear in our Lifetime! On the human nature side that is kind of scarry, but on the other hand I am kind of excited!! How amazing it will be!!! How Awesome to see Christ come back, to see Loved ones again!!

I think I am going to start reading revalations again!
Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

I believe that Jesus could come back at any moment!

I am not sure that Revelation is going to be all that much help! But have at it!

Matthew 24 is a good chapter about end times!

Eddy

Anonymous said...

I thought revelation talked about signs we'd see, etc. I obviously don't know enough! I will read both!

Beth

Eddy Williams said...

Beth,

You are right! Revelation, Daniel, Ezekiel, etc. are all books that deal with end times. I just said that because no one really knows how everything is going to happen or when. You will have more questions when you start reading books of prophecy, but that is ok too!

Eddy

Anonymous said...

THANKS FOR THE REASSURANCE in that I havn't totally lost my mind!!

I had not read all of revelation but read some of it before. I read the series... The Left Behind.. Which was written around the book of revelation. It was quite an amazing series!! I would recommend it! I know it got me started on the right path again!

Its amazing at how a lot of what you read fits right along with what is happening today. I am glad that I am right with God!

Beth