Saturday, November 14, 2009

Always Work Enthusiastically for the Lord…

Psalm 149; 1 Corinthians 15; 1 Corinthians 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Corinthians 15

58 So, my dear brothers and sisters, be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Observation

The “So” in this verse is very important because it is talking about what Paul has said in the fifty-seven preceding verses about our life in Christ. Let me share a few of the verses so that you will understand why he says what he says in verse 58:

“51 But let me reveal to you a wonderful secret. We will not all die, but we will all be transformed!

52 It will happen in a moment, in the blink of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown. For when the trumpet sounds, those who have died will be raised to live forever. And we who are living will also be transformed.

53 For our dying bodies must be transformed into bodies that will never die; our mortal bodies must be transformed into immortal bodies.


54 Then, when our dying bodies have been transformed into bodies that will never die, this Scripture will be fulfilled:
“Death is swallowed up in victory.

55 O death, where is your victory?
O death, where is your sting?”

56 For sin is the sting that results in death, and the law gives sin its power.

57 But thank God! He gives us victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ.


So… since we have been given victory over sin and death through our Lord Jesus Christ let us be strong and immovable. Always work enthusiastically for the Lord, for you know that nothing you do for the Lord is ever useless.

Application

I will work enthusiastically for the Lord, because I know that what I am doing for the Lord is going to count for eternity.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I am Your servant. Direct me today and help me be enthusiastic in every thing I do. I want what I do to count for You. I want to serve with You today with all my heart. I pray for those that will attend the “Focus on Parenting” seminar that it would be a life changing experience for them. Be glorified today through our church.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: