Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God!

Psalm 122; 1 Corinthians 9; 1 Corinthians 10; 1 Corinthians 11
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Corinthians 10

31 So whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.

Observation

Whatever…you do, do it all for the glory of God. Here is a good a way to know if what we are doing or getting ready to do is the right thing to do. Are we doing it for God to get more glory? Will God be praised because of my actions? Will He be pleased with what I am getting ready to do?

Is it right or wrong? A better question might be, “Will what I am getting ready to do bring God glory?” Some things that we might do may be ok, they may not be sin, but do they glorify the Lord. Paul is speaking about the motives of our hearts – why we do what we do.

Application

Today I want my actions to glorify God.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to bring you glory today in what I think and how I act. Keep me away from sin. Show me the way I should walk. Give me wisdom for this day. Show me Your great power today. It is my desire to walk by faith today and not by sight. So I pray that You show me the way I should walk.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: