Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Equality … Helping Other Churches That are Struggling

2 Corinthians 7; 2 Corinthians 8; 2 Corinthians 9; 2 Corinthians 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 8

12 Whatever you give is acceptable if you give it eagerly. And give according to what you have, not what you don’t have. 13 Of course, I don’t mean your giving should make life easy for others and hard for yourselves. I only mean that there should be some equality. 14 Right now you have plenty and can help those who are in need. Later, they will have plenty and can share with you when you need it. In this way, things will be equal.

Observation

Paul is encouraging the strong healthy churches to lend a hand and take up offerings to send back to the weak struggling churches so that there will be equality. Do you know how rich we are as the church in America? Do you know how much of our monies goes overseas to help other people …about 6 cents a person per year to those that are starving, those that are sick, those that are dying.

We (the church in the US) give less than 2% of 2% of all of our offerings to help other people in our world. Hmmm…I wonder what Paul would be saying to us right now. I think that he might use a few harsher words on us than he did for the church at Corinth.

How much do you give? How much do I give? How much more should you give? How much more should I give?

Application

I will look for ways to give more and to help more.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, open my eyes to the reality of how the rest of the world is living. Open my heart so that I may respond in the way You would respond. Break my heart with the things that break Your heart. Don’t allow me to become numb to the suffering around me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: