Sunday, November 01, 2009

What Do You Mean, “If I Can”?

Psalm 121; Mark 9; Mark 10
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 9

23 “What do you mean, ‘If I can’?” Jesus asked. “Anything is possible if a person believes.”
24 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

Mark 10

27 Jesus looked at them intently and said, “Humanly speaking, it is impossible. But not with God. Everything is possible with God.”

Observation

Our prayers are sometimes like this man that had the demon-possessed son aren’t they? We pray, but we pray like God isn’t really able to fix the problem or heal the person or really able to take care of us, but we should cry out like this man did when he said, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!”

Humanly speaking what you are up against this morning may be impossible. Maybe the doctors have told you that it is hopeless. And maybe humanly speaking it is hopeless, but let me remind you this morning, “Everything is possible with God.”

Application

I will not give up on some seemingly hopeless situations.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know that I have been praying for healing for some that the doctors do not give much hope of getting better. You know that I am praying for some that lives are completely out of control. All of these are hopeless without Your help so I am going to continue to count on You to work in their lives. I will not give up because You are capable of completely changing their situations. I put them in Your hands this morning. Thank You for giving me the best wife in the world.

Thank You for giving us 40 wonderful years of being married today!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: