Monday, November 02, 2009

Have Faith in God!

Job 23; Job 24; Mark 11; Mark 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Mark 11

22 Then Jesus said to the disciples, “Have faith in God. 23 I tell you the truth, you can say to this mountain, ‘May you be lifted up and thrown into the sea,’ and it will happen. But you must really believe it will happen and have no doubt in your heart. 24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours. 25 But when you are praying, first forgive anyone you are holding a grudge against, so that your Father in heaven will forgive your sins, too.

Observation

Mark 11:24 I tell you, you can pray for anything, and if you believe that you’ve received it, it will be yours.

Mark 11:24 is quite a promise for you and for me, but do we really believe it? Verse 25 is a huge verse too that talks about forgiveness. Holding grudges is a really bad thing for a believer and I see it all the time. We think that it is somehow going to hurt the other person but it actually hurts us a lot more than them.

I don’t see very many mountains being tossed into the sea do you? Maybe the earthquakes and tidal waves are the result of someone’s mountain moving faith, but I sort of doubt it. Prayer is the most powerful thing in our lives. It connects us directly to our Heavenly Father Who is able to do everything. Nothing is too hard for Him.

Application

I will pray believing that my God can do anything and everything and He wants to answer my prayers.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for letting us talk to You. Thank You for hearing our prayers and thank You for answering us. You are Wonderful. Help me to ask big. Show me what I need to pray for so I can see You work.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: