Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Be Strong and Take Heart!

1 Samuel 23; Psalm 31; Psalm 54; Matthew 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 31

14 But I trust in you, O LORD;
I say, "You are my God."

23 Love the LORD, all his saints!
The LORD preserves the faithful,
but the proud he pays back in full.

24 Be strong and take heart,
all you who hope in the LORD.

Observation

You have to read 1 Samuel 23 to understand why David is writing Psalm 31 and why David is praising his God. David has been running and hiding from Saul and God continually delivers David from Saul’s hands. He does this most of the time in his life as he deals with his enemy Saul, but there are low moments when he takes his eyes off the Lord and lets the fear of being killed by Saul take over. This is not one of those moments.

I love verse 24 “Be strong and take heart, all you who hope in the LORD”; I love it because David includes me in on that word of encouragement.

Application

I will be strong today and I will take heart because my hope is in the Lord.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, we read the Psalms but we many times don’t think about what has happened that caused David to write in such a positive powerful way. You rescued him again and again and again just as I know that You will rescue me. You are my Savior. You are my Rock. I do not need to be afraid. I will take heart today.

I will be strong because You love me and You will protect me. I am the apple of Your eye. I am Your delight even though I don’t deserve it. Thank You Lord for loving me today. Help me be Your hands and Your feet today. Help me encourage someone else.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: