Thursday, April 08, 2010

First …Give Yourself to The Lord

1 Samuel 3; 1 Samuel 4; 1 Samuel 5; Psalm 77; 2 Corinthians 8
Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!


Scripture

2 Corinthians 8

5 They even did more than we had hoped, for their first action was to give themselves to the Lord and to us, just as God wanted them to do.

Observation

Nothing is more important than God having the first place in our hearts. We need to be completely sold out to Him. God first, others second, and ourselves last should be how we live our lives and whenever that order gets messed up then we have strife and disaster.

Application

I will make sure to evaluate and make sure that God has the number one spot in my heart.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to examine my heart and help me make sure that nothing has come into my heart to take your place. It is my desire for You to be number one in my life. Kathy is number two, everyone else comes after her, and then I come after everyone else. Help me to keep it that way.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: