Tuesday, April 13, 2010

We Have To Be Reminded…

1 Samuel 14; 1 Chronicles 4; 2 Corinthians 13
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

2 Corinthians 13

11 Dear brothers and sisters, I close my letter with these last words: Be joyful. Grow to maturity. Encourage each other. Live in harmony and peace. Then the God of love and peace will be with you.

Observation

Have you ever wondered why Jesus and Paul repeated things over and over again like Paul did in these closing words to the Corinthians? We have to be reminded because every day when we wake up we tend to drift or we tend to default to the old mind set of being sad and depressed, spiritual babies, that find fault with each other and that would love to pick a good fight. We must be reminded that we no longer live to please that old nature and every day we must decide to put on the new man – we must put on Christ.

I am fascinated and frustrated at our weak and frail dispositions. I know how prone I am to being just the opposite of what Paul is reminding us to be. I could easily be a grumpy old man, but I am choosing to put on Christ.

Application

It is my desire today to be: joyful, to grow, to encourage someone, to live in harmony and peace with everyone I come in contact with so I can experience God’s peace in my life.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my desire today to be: joyful, to grow, to encourage someone, to live in harmony and peace with everyone I come in contact with so I can experience Your peace in my life. Remind me during the day today of this passage of scripture whenever I begin to default and drift to my old nature.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

We are slow learners!