Thursday, April 15, 2010

This is The Lord’s Battle

1 Samuel 17; Psalm 9; Matthew 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Samuel 17

45 David replied to the Philistine, “You come to me with sword, spear, and javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of Heaven’s Armies—the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied. 46 Today the LORD will conquer you, and I will kill you and cut off your head. And then I will give the dead bodies of your men to the birds and wild animals, and the whole world will know that there is a God in Israel! 47 And everyone assembled here will know that the LORD rescues his people, but not with sword and spear.

This is the LORD’s battle, and he will give you to us!”

Observation

David understood spiritual warfare and he knew that the giant Goliath was not match for his God. It is an amazing story how David went out to fight Goliath with only a sling and five smooth stones. He didn’t even have a sword with him.
When God is on our side we will always come out on top. David’s faith in His God stood out and no one in all of Israel had faith like David. Is God calling you to stand out and be a person of faith in the midst of a bunch of unbelieving people? Maybe you are the only believer in your family, or the only believer at work, will you have the faith like David to stand alone and let God fight at your side?

Application

I will trust the Lord to fight my battles and not depend on my own strength.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, this is one of the greatest stories in the entire Bible. It reminds me of what Paul says in Phil. 4:13, “I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength.” When You are on my side I don’t need anything else. You are enough. You are my Rock and my Fortress. You are my Strong High Tower. I will trust in You. Thank You for the leaders in our church. I pray that You bless them today. I pray that you use them for Your kingdom.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: