Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Heart is Steadfast, O God, My Heart is Steadfast!

1 Samuel 24; Psalm 57; Psalm 58; 1 Chronicles 8; Matthew 8
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 57

7 My heart is steadfast, O God,
my heart is steadfast;
I will sing and make music.

8 Awake, my soul!
Awake, harp and lyre!
I will awaken the dawn.

9 I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations;
I will sing of you among the peoples.

10 For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies.

11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens;
let your glory be over all the earth.

Observation

How steadfast are you? Is your heart steadfast? Is mine? God showed David that he could trust Him. God delivered King Saul into David’s hands and David realized that God was protecting him from Saul. It is an amazing story that we read today in 1 Samuel 24. Take time to read it this morning if you haven’t already. God can take care of you and me just like He took care of David.

We need to learn to praise God like David did then maybe God would do more amazing things in our lives!

Application

My heart will be steadfast today. I will not be controlled by my feelings today because when I am weak He is strong. My God be my strength today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I will praise you, O Lord, among the nations; I will sing of you among the peoples. For great is your love, reaching to the heavens; your faithfulness reaches to the skies. Be exalted, O God, above the heavens; let your glory be over all the earth. Help me to be steadfast today O God!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: