Sunday, April 25, 2010

Here’s How To Be Close To Jesus

1 Samuel 30; 1 Samuel 31; 1 Chronicles 10; Matthew 12
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 12

46 While Jesus was still talking to the crowd, his mother and brothers stood outside, wanting to speak to him. 47 Someone told him, "Your mother and brothers are standing outside, wanting to speak to you."

48 He replied to him, "Who is my mother, and who are my brothers?" 49 Pointing to his disciples, he said, "Here are my mother and my brothers. 50For whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother."

Observation

Obedience is the key.

If you want to be close to God then you must learn obedience. If you want to be close to Jesus then you must learn to walk in obedience with Him. He pointed to his disciples and said, “Here are my mother and my brothers” and then He said, “Whoever does the will of my Father in heaven is my brother and sister and mother.”

When a family is healthy there is no stronger relationship than that of a Mom and Dad and brothers and sisters. God created the family before He created the church or any other institution. When we have a personal relationship with Christ we become His children; we become family and many times our spiritual family is a lot closer than our physical family. Maybe the reason for that is because it is our forever family.

Application

I need to call some spiritual brothers and sisters today and check on them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be a good shepherd. Put on my heart who I need to call and check on. I pray that this day would bring You honor and glory. I pray for those that are struggling today. I pray that You would be their strength. Help them to trust You. Help them to seek to walk with You. Help them to grow.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: