Wednesday, April 07, 2010

God Doesn’t Hear Us If We Have Unconfessed Sin

1 Samuel 1; 1 Samuel 2; Psalm 66; 2 Corinthians 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 66

16 Come and listen, all you who fear God,
and I will tell you what he did for me.

17 For I cried out to him for help,
praising him as I spoke.

18 If I had not confessed the sin in my heart,
the Lord would not have listened.

19 But God did listen!
He paid attention to my prayer.

20 Praise God, who did not ignore my prayer
or withdraw his unfailing love from me.

Observation

God doesn’t hear our prayers if we are holding on to Unconfessed sin. You can pray all you want but God chooses not to respond if we have unconfessed sin in our lives. So confess up. Get things right before God so He can answer your prayers. I need to keep my sins confessed up and not let any go Unconfessed.


Application

I will keep my sins confessed up and I will ask God to make me very aware when I sin so that I can ask for forgiveness immediately.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, You know my heart. Show me anything in my heart that is not right. Help me to keep my sins confessed and don’t let me hold on to any thing that would mess up our relationship. Praise God, who did not ignore my prayers and He does not withdraw his unfailing love from me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: