Friday, April 16, 2010

Baptism of The Holy Spirit – Being Surrendered To the Lord Jesus Christ

1 Samuel 18; 1 Chronicles 6; Psalm 11; Matthew 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 3

11 “I baptize with water those who repent of their sins and turn to God. But someone is coming soon who is greater than I am—so much greater that I’m not worthy even to be his slave and carry his sandals.

He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire. 12 He is ready to separate the chaff from the wheat with his winnowing fork. Then he will clean up the threshing area, gathering the wheat into his barn but burning the chaff with never-ending fire.”

Observation

Acts 2 gives us the fulfillment of this promise when the 120 disciples were baptized with the Holy Spirit,

On the day of Pentecost, seven weeks after Jesus' resurrection, the believers were meeting together in one place. [2] Suddenly, there was a sound from heaven like the roaring of a mighty windstorm in the skies above them, and it filled the house where they were meeting. [3] Then, what looked like flames or tongues of fire appeared and settled on each of them. [4] And everyone present was filled with the Holy Spirit and began speaking in other languages, as the Holy Spirit gave them this ability. [5] Godly Jews from many nations were living in Jerusalem at that time. [6] When they heard this sound, they came running to see what it was all about, and they were bewildered to hear their own languages being spoken by the believers.

When people are filled with the Holy Spirit they are able to connect heart to heart with people like they did at Pentecost. It is super important that we walk close to the Lord and continually be filled with His Holy Spirit. We need to continually be filled because we leak.

Have you surrendered your life to the Lord Jesus Christ? Would He smile at how you are living your life today? Are you and I making a difference in our world? Are we seeing our lives make a difference in someone else’s life?

Application

It is my desire today to be completely under the control of Your Holy Spirit.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, let my life bring You glory and honor today. Help others see Jesus in me because of my being totally surrendered to You. I pray that You would show me any sin in my life as I sin so I can immediately confess them to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: