Thursday, April 29, 2010

Are You On The Winning Team?

2 Samuel 4; 2 Samuel 5; Psalm 139; Matthew 16
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 16

16 Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God."

17 Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven.

18 And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it.

19 I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven."

20 Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ.

Observation

Church is a team sport and we are going to win. I know that we are going to win because Jesus said so! Nothing is going to defeat the church. Peter got rebuked because he was not thinking about the kingdom when he told Jesus that Jesus was not going to suffer. Jesus had to suffer so that the church could be on the winning side of the battle. He had to go out ahead of us and win the battle for us. The battle has already been won we are just cleaning up!

I think that because we see the condition of the church in America and how it seems to be losing ground everyday that we begin to think that we are losing, but we aren’t. We can’t lose if we have already won.

The outcome is certain when it is all over and done with those that have a personal relationship with Christ will be the winners. But each of us should be racking up rewards everyday as we engage the enemy in battle. Don’t believe his lies. We are not defeated. We are on the winning side. Stay strong and fight the good fight.

Application

I will keep my eyes focused on the team leader – Jesus!

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me not to believe the Devil’s lies. Help me to live today as one that knows You and help me to live like a winner and not a loser. I pray for strength today to accomplish what you want me to accomplish. Give me Your thoughts and Your desires as I walk through this day. Be glorified in and through me today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: