Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Obedience is Better Than Sacrifice

1 Samuel 15; 1 Samuel 16; 1 Chronicles 5; Matthew 1
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

1 Samuel 15:22

…“What is more pleasing to the LORD:
your burnt offerings and sacrifices
or your obedience to his voice?
Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice,
and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.

Observation

Just going through the motions does not please God. What pleases God is our obedience. Over and over and over again God tells us this in scripture that obedience is what He loves. How have you been disobedient this week? How have I been disobedient? What do we need to DO that He has already told us to do that we haven’t done? Where do we need to obey?

Application

I will search my heart and look for areas of disobedience. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me to be completely obedient to You. Help me to know Your direction for my life and help me walk in it. Don’t let me sin today. Help me confess my sins as soon as I do them. It is my desire to be obedient to You today. I pray for Jose and his family. Thank You for sparing his life. Thank You for taking care of him and his family. You are a Mighty God.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

where are you at? I need to see a post.