Sunday, April 18, 2010

A No Brainer – Seek The Lord

1 Samuel 20; 1 Samuel 21; Psalm 34; Matthew 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 34

7 The angel of the LORD encamps around those who fear him,
and he delivers them.
8 Taste and see that the LORD is good;
blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
9 Fear the LORD, you his saints,
for those who fear him lack nothing.
10 The lions may grow weak and hungry,
but those who seek the LORD lack no good thing.

Observation

For me to put my faith and trust in Christ is a no brainer, I can’t understand why everyone doesn’t turn to the Lord. Have you ever stopped to think about all the promises that God gives those that put Him first in their lives? Page after page after page in the Bible gives us all the benefits of becoming sold out to Christ.
And for a Christian to live a lukewarm, blah life kind of life doesn’t make sense to me either. I can only figure that people that live half-heartedly for the Lord don’t understand or don’t ever read God’s word. This morning’s Bible reading was full of God’s promises encouraging me to follow the Lord with all my heart.

Why don’t you taste and see that the Lord is good?

Application

I will enjoy thinking about God’s promises today. I will meditate on His word. It is so powerful and exciting.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I have tasted You and I agree that You are good. You are very good. It is my desire to serve You today with all my heart and with all my soul. Help me to please You today. Help me encourage those that come to worship You today. I pray that they would come excited about You. I pray that they would have a love for one another and for You. Thank You for providing for me and giving me such a wonderful life. I am blessed.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: