Monday, April 19, 2010

Why Pray?

1 Samuel 22; Psalm 17; Psalm 35; Matthew 6
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 6

8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.

Observation

Of course our Heavenly Father knows what we need before we ask Him so why pray? For starters we don’t need to focus our prayers on ourselves because our Father already knows what we need. We need to focus our prayers on others and on our Heavenly Father. God wants us to use our prayers on other folks and He doesn’t want us to treat Him like a Santa Claus and only go to Him when we need something.

Matthew 6:33 says, “But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well”

When we put God first and others second then God will take care of all of our needs because He is a great provider.

What needs do you have that are going unmet? If you have needs that are going unmet then maybe you need to put into practice Matthew 6:33 and put God's kingdom first in your life. Maybe those things that we think are needs are really not needs but wants…it’s possible.

Application

I will pray for the needs of others and I will thank God for providing for the needs in my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for taking such good care of me. I am blessed. But life is not all about me. Help me focus on the lives of those living around me. Help me be a blessing to them. I pray for Jose today. Take care of him and his sister and meet their needs today. I pray that you restore her to complete health and provide for Jose during these difficult days. You are the Great Provider.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: