Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Biblical Story Telling

1 Kings 3; 2 Chronicles 1; Psalm 78; 2 Thessalonians 2
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 78

1 O my people, listen to my instructions.
Open your ears to what I am saying,
2 for I will speak to you in a parable.
I will teach you hidden lessons from our past—
3 stories we have heard and known,
stories our ancestors handed down to us.
4 We will not hide these truths from our children;
we will tell the next generation
about the glorious deeds of the LORD,
about his power and his mighty wonders.

Observation

The Bible is one big story of God’s love for us, but it is also a book full of stories that need to be told and retold to each generation. Story telling will help bring to life the Bibles that people are not reading. The Bible is the living word of God and it is powerful, but it has to get into someone’s life for it to have an influence.

We have become a people that spend more time in front of television listening to secular stories than people of God’s word. We have got to get back to telling and retelling the wonderful life changing stories from the Word of God. What is your favorite story in the Bible? Do you have a favorite? David and Goliath, or maybe Noah and the flood, or maybe Jonah and the giant fish (could have been a whale), all these are great stories but there so many more that might be your favorites.

Application

I will learn how to be a Biblical Story Teller for God’s glory.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me learn how to tell Your stories. Give me the ability and the desire to learn how to share them with others. I pray that our people would embrace this in their small groups and I pray that we would be able to start many new small groups in the fall. Help us do it for Your glory.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: