Friday, May 14, 2010

Filling in The Gaps

1 Chronicles 22; 1 Chronicles 23; 1 Chronicles 24; 1 Thessalonians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 3

9 How we thank God for you! Because of you we have great joy as we enter God’s presence. 10 Night and day we pray earnestly for you, asking God to let us see you again to fill the gaps in your faith.

Observation

Helping people grow or as Paul states in this passage, “filling in the gaps of their faith.” We are all growing and we all need some help filling in the gaps of our faith. We need to encourage one another. We need to push each other so that we can be all that Christ wants us to be. We need to help each other grow.

One way to do that is to pray for one another. Paul said that he prayed from them day and night or we could say he prayed for them 24/7. He prayed for them all the time.

Who needs to be encouraged? Who needs your prayer? Who needs for me to pray for them?

Application

I will help someone today by praying for them and encouraging them.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, put on my heart the person or persons that need my help. Show me who needs to be encouraged today. Bring them to my mind so that I can pray for them. Help me be like Paul today as I go about my day.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: