Monday, May 10, 2010

In God I Trust…

2 Samuel 18; Psalm 56; Matthew 27
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 56

4 In God, whose word I praise,
in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can mortal man do to me?
10 In God, whose word I praise,
in the LORD, whose word I praise-
11 in God I trust; I will not be afraid.
What can man do to me?

Observation

David trusted in God while he was being hunted down by Saul and then by his own son Absalom. Most of his life he was on the run from his enemies and he learned to trust in God through his trials and troubles. We usually don’t think of David as someone that was afraid or someone that ran from his enemies, but at certain times in his life he did just that. He killed thousands and won many battles but he also lived in hiding and he lived with the constant threat from enemies within his own family or his own army.

It was in that atmosphere where he learned to trust in God.

In our country we are going to have to learn all over again the phrase “in God I trust”. The government is working to take the phrase off of our money, but even more serious it is being stolen from our hearts. It was the good life that caused American to forget about God, but maybe now in this life of trouble and trials that we are entering into maybe now we will turn back to God.

“If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chron. 7:14

Application

I will trust the Lord today with every detail of my life.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I trust in You. I will not be afraid. In Your word I will give You praise! What can man do to me?

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: