Sunday, May 16, 2010

Encourage One Another …Build Each Other Up!

1 Kings 1; 1 Chronicles 28; Psalm 91; 1 Thessalonians 5
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

1 Thessalonians 5

11 So encourage each other and build each other up, just as you are already doing.

Observation

Take time to read Psalm 91 this morning it will make your day. If you don’t think God cares about you then you really need to read Psalm 91! The Psalm says that God’s promises are our armor. In 1 Thessalonians 5 you will also be encouraged this morning as you read it. Paul says that God’s faith and His love protect us as armor.
God tells us in 1 Thessalonians 5 to encourage one another and to build each other up.

“14 Brothers and sisters, we urge you to warn those who are lazy. Encourage those who are timid. Take tender care of those who are weak. Be patient with everyone.

15 See that no one pays back evil for evil, but always try to do good to each other and to all people.

16 Always be joyful. 17 Never stop praying. 18 Be thankful in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you who belong to Christ Jesus.

19 Do not stifle the Holy Spirit. 20 Do not scoff at prophecies, 21 but test everything that is said. Hold on to what is good. 22 Stay away from every kind of evil.”

Application

I will put into practice today 1 Thessalonians 5 and I will encourage others and build them up.


Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your word is so powerful. I pray that Your word will take control of my life today. I pray that its power would be evident in my life. May Your word come to life to day as I share it. I pray that it would touch and impact peoples’ lives and move them closer to You today. I pray that You fill me with Your Holy Spirit and help me encourage and build others up as I have the opportunity.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: