Friday, May 07, 2010

How Important is The Word of God?

2 Samuel 13; 2 Samuel 14; Matthew 24
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 24

35 Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Observation

How important is it to know the Word of God? How important is the Word of God? Is it important to you and me?

The Word of God is the only thing that will never pass away. Your money and your riches can be gone in a twenty-minute fall of the stock market like what happened yesterday. It can all be gone in an instant. Your health can be gone in one quick minute with a heart attack or with the detection of cancer or in an instant in a bad car accident. Life is fragile and will not last, but the Word of God will last forever. Guard the Word of God in your heart. Dig into God’s Word. Devour God’s word. Feast on God’s Word.

Application

I will meditate on God’s Word today.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, Your Word is living and powerful. It will sustain us when nothing else can. Help me enjoy Your Word today. I pray that You would bring verses to my mind that will help me live this day for You. Thank You for Your Word. Thank You for letting me see how valuable Your Word is to my life. You are worthy to be praised.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

1 comment:

Rick Morgan said...

It is so important because it is the most complete revelation we have of God.