Monday, May 03, 2010

It is All About Serving

2 Samuel 7; 1 Chronicles 17; Psalm 2; Matthew 20
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 20

28just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."

Observation

If you are a Christian then your life if you want to be successful must be connected to serving others. Most of the people around us are only worried about themselves they are not worried about being a blessing to others, but we have been called to be servants. It is our highest calling. Nothing messes me up worse than when I begin to only think about myself. When my focus in on totally on myself then look out because I am a pretty miserable person to be around.

We are to give our lives away. We are to be spent for the sake of the Gospel. It is only when we give ourselves away that we find purpose and meaning in life and joy!

Application

How can I spend today … by serving others?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, show me who needs my attention. Show me who needs my concern and prayer today. I pray that You help me to have a servant’s heart. Help me not to be so selfish with my time and with my resources. Give me Your heart today for the people around me.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: