Tuesday, May 04, 2010

Be Smart and Build Upon The Rock!

2 Samuel 8; 2 Samuel 9; 1 Chronicles 18; 1 Chronicles 19; Matthew 21
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 21

42 Jesus said to them, "Have you never read in the Scriptures:

" 'The stone the builders rejected
has become the capstone;
the Lord has done this,
and it is marvelous in our eyes'

Observation

Jesus said in Matthew 7 that wise people build their houses upon the rock and only fools build their houses on the sand. Smart people build their lives on Christ. He is the solid Rock. He is the only foundation to build our lives on.

People that reject Christ will one day be crushed by Him. Those that obey His teachings are smart and they are like the people that build their houses on a firm foundation. When the storms of life come these people that build their houses on Christ the Rock will be able to endure the floods and all of life’s problems.

Application

I will continue to build my life on the solid Rock of Christ. He is the Chief Cornerstone.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, it is my plan to keep building my life on Your word and it is my desire to keep obeying Your commands. I know that it is the only way to thrive in this evil and corrupt world. I pray that You would direct my thoughts. Give me Your desires. Help me to stay away from sin.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: