Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Will…I Will Not…Life … a series of Choices!

1 Kings 4; 1 Kings 5; 2 Chronicles 2; Psalm 101; 2 Thessalonians 3
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Psalm 101

1 I will sing of your love and justice, LORD.
I will praise you with songs.
2 I will be careful to live a blameless life—
when will you come to help me?
I will lead a life of integrity
in my own home.
3 I will refuse to look at
anything vile and vulgar.
I hate all who deal crookedly;
I will have nothing to do with them.
4 I will reject perverse ideas
and stay away from every evil.
5 I will not tolerate people who slander their neighbors.
I will not endure conceit and pride.
6 I will search for faithful people
to be my companions.
Only those who are above reproach
will be allowed to serve me.
7 I will not allow deceivers to serve in my house,
and liars will not stay in my presence.
8 My daily task will be to ferret out the wicked
and free the city of the LORD from their grip.

Observation

In this Psalm we find some good advice on how we should live our lives. Everyday we have to make choices. We have to say, “yes” to some things and hopefully “no” to other things.

Here are a few of the ones I picked out of this Psalm that I have already made a decision to do and not to do:

  • I will lead a life of integrity in my own home.
  • I will refuse to look at anything vile and vulgar.

These two really stick out to me and I have already made these same commitments for my life. How about you? What are you looking at that you shouldn’t be looking at? Have you made the decision to live a life of integrity in your home? Can your children and your spouse see that you have made a choice to live a life of integrity?

Application

I will continue to choose not to look at anything vile and vulgar and I will lead a life of integrity in my home.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me lead a life of integrity. Keep me away from evil. Don’t let me fall for the tricks of the Evil one. Help me live in a way that my children and my grandchildren can see that I am a person of integrity. Help me to say “no” to the things that would not bring You glory and help me to say “yes” to those things that would exalt You. Thank You for giving me the desire to want to walk with You and the desire to stay away from evil. Keep me out of the reach of the Evil one today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: