Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Need To Get Away?

2 Samuel 19; 2 Samuel 20; Psalm 55; Matthew 28
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Psalm 55

22 Cast your cares on the LORD
and he will sustain you;
he will never let the righteous fall.

Observation

Have you ever felt like David did when he wrote this Psalm and said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove! I would fly away and be at rest- I would flee far away and stay in the desert; Selah I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm."

David wanted to get away from all the treachery, and all of the evil that surrounded him, but he couldn’t. Instead he called on the Lord and he let all of his concerns and all of his fears roll off onto the Lord. We want to escape from what we are going through but we can’t either. We must learn to let it roll off onto the Lord and let Him sustain us.

Do you need a break today? Do you need to get away? I would suggest that you get by yourself and pray. I suggest that we cast all of our cares on the LORD, and let Him sustain us. Deal?

Application

I will cast all my cares on Him because He cares for me and I know that He will sustain me.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, help me take every one of my concerns, every one of my fears to You. I pray for those in our small group that they would do the same thing and that they would not let circumstances dictate their lives. I pray that You give them strength and show them that they can trust in You and show them that they do not need to be afraid.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: