Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Heart of God’s Word = Love Him & Love Others

2 Samuel 10; 1 Chronicles 19; 1 Chronicles 20; Psalm 20; Matthew 22
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading


Scripture

Matthew 22

37Jesus replied: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' 38This is the first and greatest commandment. 39And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'

Observation

These two commandments sum up the teaching of all God’s commandments and if we keep these two we shouldn’t have a problem keeping the rest of God’s word. This is our purpose. This is why we exist. We exist to love God and love others.
We tend to be self-centered and everyday we must surrender our lives to the Lord and allow His Holy Spirit to fill us. We can’t love others like we should if we aren’t totally surrendered to the Lord. It is a daily dying to our selves. Have you surrendered today? Why not do surrender right now?

Application

I am surrendering right now. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, I surrender right now. I want You to take complete control of my life. Show me any sin in my life that I need to confess. I want You to be Lord of my life. I want to love You and others with all of my heart, soul, and mind. Help me to stay focused on You all day today. Show me Your mighty power. Lead me today in all that I do. I pray for Your direction. Guide me and help me make this day profitable for Your kingdom.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: