Saturday, May 15, 2010

Don’t Meddle!

1 Chronicles 25; 1 Chronicles 26; 1 Chronicles 27; 1 Thessalonians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture


1 Thessalonians 4

11 Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. 12 Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others.

Observation

There is a big difference between helping and meddling … isn’t there! Meddling is all about control and it comes from a very selfish heart. Helping someone and encouraging someone is very selfless and it comes from a very loving and generous heart.

I guess it makes it easier on ourselves if we are always looking at what others are doing wrong and trying to make suggestions how to fix the problems we see that they have rather than working on our own shortcomings. I think it is the beam and speck problem that Jesus talked about when he said, why are you worrying about the speck in someone else’s eye when you have a beam or plank in yours.
I have also noticed that it causes a great deal of stress and anguish on everyone involved when we go to meddling instead of helping!

Application

I will worry about the beam in my eye today rather than everyone else’s specks.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for loving me just the way I am. And thank You for working on me everyday so I don’t stay the way I am. Help me not to be critical today as people make decisions and choices. Show me how I can help them without meddling. Help people see Jesus in me today. You are Mighty. There is nothing too hard for You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: