Thursday, May 06, 2010

Blind Guides

2 Samuel 11; 2 Samuel 12; Psalm 51; Matthew 23
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Scripture

Matthew 23

24You blind guides! You strain out a gnat but swallow a camel.

Observation

Blind guides…have you ever thought about how worthless a blind guide would be if you needed to be led or directed somewhere.

Jesus did not spare any words when he spoke to the Pharisees and he described them as being totally worthless as leaders. You and I run the same danger today if we don’t stay close to the Lord.

We can easily become like the Pharisees. The Pharisees acted like they were righteous, but they were totally unrighteous for the most part. As a pastor I can act one way in front of people but if I am living a life that contradicts what I preach then I am worse than the worst of sinners.

Fakes hurt the kingdom of God more than anything else and if we are not careful we can become just like the Pharisees. Draw close to God and He will draw close to you. Don’t be like a Pharisee. Be genuine. Be real.

Be careful when condemning sinners or you may involve yourself in the very sin that you are condemning them of committing. I see that happen everyday within our nation’s Christian leadership.

Application

I will guard my heart today and seek to stay away from sin. How about you?

Prayer

Heavenly Father, don’t let me be like the Pharisees. I pray that I would stay close to You today. Walk with me through this day so that I can bring You glory and honor. Help me please You with my thoughts and my actions. Put on my heart the people that I need to encourage or help today.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: