Wednesday, November 03, 2010

God’s Word…Have You Read It This Morning?

Job 25; Mark 13; Mark 14
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

God’s Word…Have You Read It This Morning?

Scripture

Mark 13

31 Heaven and earth will disappear, but my words will never disappear.

Observation

I took a minute to listen to the television this morning about the election results. The greatest part of the election is that it is over and we can be rid of all those negative commercials on TV and radio. I am so tired of hearing the empty words of politicians. How about you?

I am glad that every morning I can hear God from His word and His words will never disappear. I never grow tired of reading His words or hearing His words. It is because His word is Truth. What we hear from politicians unfortunately is not Truth, and most of what they say is “untruth”, or lies. There is an extremely low trust level when it comes to believing in what a political leader promises. It is a shame. Where are all the Christ followers and why don’t they lead our country?

Why isn’t there more salt and more light in Washington? Corruption and evil reigns in our country’s capitol. But one day that will all change and I will be glad when that happens…won’t you? One day Christ will return and you and I will see Him coming in the clouds. When He comes there will be no more corruption, no more evil leadership, He will come in Power and He will come to reign as King of Kings and Lord of Lords. Come Lord Jesus. Come!

Application

I will pay closer attention to His word today and less attention to what those in Washington promise next.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for Your Word. I read it with excitement every morning. It is amazing. Last night at small group it was so much fun talking about a story from Your Word. Today I will trust in Your word. I will trust in Your promises. You are completely worthy to be trusted. Your promises are certain. You always come through with what You say that You are going to do. Thank You for hearing my prayers. Thank You for guiding me today. Direct my thoughts and my actions may they be pleasing to You.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: