Saturday, November 06, 2010

Heirs of the King of Kings

Job 30; Psalm 120; Galatians 3; Galatians 4
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Heirs of the King of Kings

Scripture

Galatians 4

6 And because we are his children, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, prompting us to call out, “Abba, Father.” 7 Now you are no longer a slave but God’s own child. And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

Observation

What if you were the child of the wealthiest person in the world and could have anything you wanted or dreamed of? If you were that would still not compare with being a child of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. God owns everything and if you place your faith and trust in His Son Jesus then you have the privilege of becoming a child of God.

I look around at everything on this earth and realize that what I own is far more valuable than anything that this world has to offer. The gold that everyone is trying to buy right now will be used as street pavement in my new home. It will be so common that the streets will be covered with it. The stuff that has the most value on this earth will be junk compared to what I will get to enjoy.
I saw in the news this week the billion dollar home that some guy built in India and I thought how sad and what a waste. It reminds me of a few parables that Jesus told in the book of Luke about the rich. A person’s wealth here on this earth is so temporary. The Bible says that wealth has wings! It can be here today and gone tomorrow.

My investment is safe and secure. If you have any riches here on earth I would suggest sending them on up to Heaven ahead of you where they will be safe for eternity.

I am a child of the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. I don’t lack one thing. How about you?

Application

I will act like the child of the King of Kings today. I will not envy or covet what others think they have because I know that I am heir to it all.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, thank You for reminding me that I am very wealthy. I am one of the richest people on the face of this earth. I am an heir of the Creator God Who owns it all and one day I will enjoy my inheritance with others that have also placed their trust and faith in You. Thank You for giving me such a great wife to share life with. Thank You for being so good to us. We don’t deserve any of what you have provided us. We praise You. I pray that our church would have Your Hand upon it and You would come in power and do miracles in our service tomorrow. You are worthy to be praised!

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: