Saturday, November 20, 2010

Do Not …Worry!

Matthew 5; Matthew 6; Matthew 7
Click Here To Read Or Listen To Today’s Daily Bible Reading

Do Not …Worry!

Scripture

Matthew 6

25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life?

28 “And why do you worry about clothes? See how the flowers of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29 Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30 If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you—you of little faith? 31 So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. 33 But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. 34 Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Observation

How come we read this passage and then we go ahead and we “worry”! What are you worried about right now? Why are you worried? Don’t you believe what God says in His word?

In Philippians 4 the Apostle Paul says, “don’t worry about anything, but pray about everything and the peace of God will keep your hearts in Christ Jesus.” So don’t …worry!

Don’t worry about the stuff everybody else is worrying about but seek first His kingdom and His righteousness and all these things (the stuff of this world) will be given to you as well.

Worry is a lack of faith.

Application

I will seek the kingdom of God first and His righteousness and I will do my best not to worry, but pray instead.

Prayer

Heavenly Father, when I begin to worry can You bring to my mind these verses. I know that I do not need to worry. I know that as long as I put You first You will meet every need of my life. You have always taken care of me and You will continue to take care of me as I put You first in my life.

Today’s "Life Journal" Daily Bible Reading can be found on Line. Click Here!

No comments: